Fall is finally here and the changing of the season brings several household tasks homeowners should perform to keep their home safe as colder temperatures approach. Here is a list of what to do:
1. Care for trees and shrubs.
2. Rake leaves
3. Clean gutters and downspouts.
4. Make exterior repairs
5. Seal gaps where critters could enter.
6. Check walkways, railings, stairs and the driveway for winter safety.
7. Stock up on winter supplies.
8. Shut off exterior faucets and store hoses.
9. Add weatherstripping.
10. Check safety devices.
11. Remove window A/C units and winterize evaporative coolers.
12. Clean dryer vents.
13. Deep-clean the kitchen.
14. Conduct an energy audit.
15. Schedule a chimney cleaning and heating system maintenance.
For more details on why these tasks are important to tackle now click on the link below: